Monday, August 15, 2005

Missing you...

I roll over, groggily feeling around for you, patting around - searching for your shape in the darkness. My hand glances off something warm, and furry - damn cat. His green eyes light up as he glares at me, annoyed at being woken from his kitty dreams.

I pull myself from bed, cold air from the AC set too low hits and I go full-goosebumps, hairs standing on end trying to escape the chilling. How am I going to make it until that time I dream about...when I get to fall into bed next to you every night?

I walk to the kitchen to get a drink of water, feeling around, flipping on the switch, blinding by the light, swearing softly under my breath. This would be so much easier with you here.

I stuble back into the bedroom and plop myself down at the keyboard, trying to find words to write to you and instead tap away something completely different.

You are what I dreamed of and never thought would possibily come true. Now you are here and I don't know what to do with myself. I still don't quite believe it, a constant tug on the mind, fearing that a pinch would wake me from this dream and that you'd disappear with it.

But that doesn't matter does it? Because we'd find each other anyway...

"..if I have to hijack a space ship to find you on the planet Nebulon, then I'll do that too..."

That's still my favorite.